Welcome!


Welcome to the Wild Yeast sourdough starter home page. Here you will find all the information you need to fully take advantage of the potential of your Wild Yeast.

Begin with the links on properly caring for your starter. Then browse the mouthwatering recipes and pictures. Finally, if you're heading off on vacation--check out our tips for long term storage of your starter.

Properly cared for your Wild Yeast sourdough starter can provide you with a lifetime of baking yeast.

Feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them!

Bon Appetit * Happy Eating * Guten Appetit

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you make your wild yeast though?

I tried to make it at home, first with 50% of rye flour 50% of wheat flour and 60% of water (baker's percentage) then 100% of wheat flour, 130% of water so on so on... nothing, no bubble, no rising, just sour and smell alcohol. I use fuji water.

Jeanette said...

I have an heirloom starter I received as a gift. I use white flour and tap water to keep it going. I've never started from scratch, but I've read that rye in particular is hard to work with without it going bad on you. You could try making a wheat starter and then convert a part of it to include more rye for individual recipes you plan to bake.